St George Cakes and Gelati was established in 1971 by Mr Giorgio De Ionno. Being one of the first Italian Cake shops to open in South Australia, St George Cakes quickly became popular to the public. Giorgio noticed a high demand for Italian pastries and made it his main objective to provide fresh traditional products to the community.
Since 2003 the business has been passed on to Giorgio’s son, Angelo, and his wife Beatrice. The family run business has successfully maintained the authenticity of traditional Italian flavours. With the successful growth of the business, it is evident that our long serving customers confide in our quality, prices and service. Angelo and Beatrice proudly continue the tradition of Giorgio’s business with the re-opening of the Portrush road premises.
All products are baked on the premises daily with no added preservatives. Our extensive range of products includes:
- Assorted continental cakes
- Assorted biscotti
- Strawberry, fresh fruit & banana caramel tarts
- Raspberry and blueberry gluten free baked cheesecakes
- Continental tortes
- Chocolate fudge & triple chocolate mousse cakes
- Chocolate, white chocolate and red velvet mud cakes
- King Cannoli Cakes- NEW!
- Cannoli towers
- Gelati cakes
- Gelati tubs and cups
- Cassata, Moka and Tartufi slices
- Assorted gluten free products
- We cater for any occasion!